Author Topic: As Christians are we worshiping the true God or are we just worshiping a god?  (Read 5170 times)

Offline Andre

• View Profile
             When I ask many christians; whom do you worship? They say God. If I persist and ask; which god ? I am looked at as if I am an idiot. And I get the answer: How do you mean which God? Just God.
             I get the feeling that many Christians are not sure whether they should worship the Father Yahweh, the Son Jesus, or even the Holy Spirit the Comforter.Some say they worship a Trium God, a Trinity, a three in one God, but all cannot be right.
              There is only one true God Who gave the commandment that "Thou shalt have no other God before Me" He also said "I am a jealous God". It is therefore very important that we worship the God we intend to worship. For there are as many gods as there are religions, and as many variations of each god as there are demominations.
              Your opinions please.

Offline laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I like that question. But I would put an additional twist to it. The gods that are worshipped are not the gods themselves but incomplete and biased descriptions of these gods made by human beings. So the question becomes, which god do you worship, and how different from the actual god is the god that you worship (assuming here of course that every description of a god corresponds to an actual deity).